The Five Things We Love Most About Christmas
Christmas is a time of bonding and coming together with friends and family over food, presents, love and obligatory relationships. Whether you’re spending time at nans around the Christmas tree or having an absolute boozer at uncle Daves, it’s always a special time of year. To help get you in the Christmas spirit we’ve put our heads together to think of the things we love the most.
1. The mystery of Santa. For generations Santa has been ever illusive, with special tricks to pull to get him to leave you the greatest gift, such as writing letters, leaving out cookies and milk or simply being a well behaved child. One of the highlights for families each year is getting photos with Santa to last a lifetime. Rumour has it he will be taking his throne in Mona Vale a few times.
2. The food creations! A topic of contention for most people, but the food available during Christmas is something special. Crafted to be shared and enjoyed by all. With fruit cakes, roasts, cookies and of course, the Australian icon, pavlova! You never know what Christmas delights you’ll find down on the Northern Beaches this Christmas period.
3. The decorations. Whether you’re chasing the lights of Christmas in your neighbourhood street or going out to the carols to see reindeer in action. It’s a beautiful thing to see a place lit up in colour and the cheer of the season. We’ll be going all out with a giant tree, huge snow globe, santas throne and some other little secrets for the whole family to come and enjoy.
4. Well, of course it goes without saying, but EGGNOG! This once a year treat really is just what you want on Christmas(and only Christmas). This wonderful concuction is really something. We love it so much that we’ve made our own unique spin on it, with a very special Christmas cocktail. It’s equal parts delicious as it is nutritious.
5. The random gifts that you just wonder where on earth they found it. Whether it be a random piece of craft or art, a beautiful cake, the handmade socks or upcycled goods. They’re all so unique and creative that you can’t help but enjoy them! If you’re looking for a unique find, then our Christmas Night Markets will be just the spot for you.
Let the Christmas spirit take over the Northern Beaches! It’s the most wonderful time of the year after all. Most importantly, remember to behave. Santa is always watching.
Want to visit our Christmas Village?