WE’VE GOT SUPER BOWL FEVER
Super Bowl LII
It’s no secret that us Aussies love jumping on the band wagon when it comes to a good old American tradition. We’ve adopted their passion for Halloween, Stranger Things and the biggest sporting game in the world – the Super Bowl.
The Aussie love for the Super Bowl has reached an all-time high, but we’re still no match for our friends in the land of the free. We rustled up a few facts that prove to Americans, this game is arguably the biggest event in the Calendar year (sorry Santa).
- Last year there were around 111.9 million Americans watching the game on television
- In 2017 a 30-second advertising spot reportedly cost between $5 million and $5.5 million but the most expensive of all time? A $12.4 million ad by Chrysler in 2011!
- About 1.5 million Americans will call in “sick” the following day, and another 4.4 million are expected to show up late for work – that’s a serious case of Mondayitis!
- You can’t watch the game without some snacks right? Try A LOT of snacks… 14,500 tons of chips, 4,000 tons of popcorn, and 8 million pounds of guacamole are eaten on the big game day each year. Holy Guacamole!
- Americans love their beer and Super Bowl Sunday is no exception – they will drink 50 million cases of beer across the day.
- According to 7-eleven, sales of antacids increase by 20% on the day after Super Bowl. With 14,500 tons of chips you’d think so!
Well we’re no match for America but this Super Bowl we’ll be having just as much fun cheering on from Front Yard with all the essentials – a BIG screen, burgers & beer! Find out more info here.